The information provided on these pages, and throughout our website, supply you with essential details on preparing you and your child for joining our school, and gives you an insight into the opportunities and facilities available.
RECEPTION starters 2024
We have places available in Reception for September 2024. Please come and see us at our open day or contact the office to arrange to have a tour of the school. You would be very welcome!
All admissions are undertaken by Norfolk County Council and further details on how to apply can be found herehttps://www.norfolk.gov.uk/education-and-learning/schools/school-admissions
The Norfolk County Council Admissions Team can also be contacted direct on the following:
Room 7, County Hall, Martineau Lane
NORWICH NR1 2DH
Tel: 0344 800 8020
Fax: 01603 223722
To apply online please go to www.admissionsonline.norfolk.gov.uk
Children are admitted in the September of the school year (1st September to 31st August) in which they are five years old. They leave at eleven years old and transfer to Secondary School.
As well as the traditional September start for pupils, we welcome enquiries from families looking to change schools at other times. Please contact us to find out more about the school or arrange a tour.
By law, children must start statutory education full time at the beginning of the term following their fifth birthday.
In the event of oversubscription, children will be admitted in the following order of priority:
- (a) Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs naming the school.
- (b) Children in public care.
- (c) Looked after children who reside within the designated area.
- (d) Children who live within the designated area having a sibling in the school at the time.
- (e) Children who live outside the designated area having a sibling attending the school at that time.
- (f) Other children who live within the designated area:
- (g) Outside of catchment area children – a tiebreaker situation will be decided on the home school distance (as the crow flies).
Parents will be notified by Norfolk County admissions in the April prior to the September admission about their application.
Parents whose children reside outside the designated area must accept full responsibility for transporting their child to and from school together with any costs incurred.
Parents should also be aware that admission to the school will not influence allocation to Secondary School at the age of transfer, which will be carried out in accordance with the Education Committee’s policies applying at that time.
If you have any questions about the admissions process, please get in touch and we will be happy to help.
The school office can be contacted on: 01553 630352 or firstname.lastname@example.org